Brisbane Volleyball Club currently hold 4 tournaments throughout the year. Starting with the Summer Cup, followed by Autumn, Winter and Spring Cups. BVC tournaments are made up of teams with 6 or more players and are open to any existing BVC members as well as non-members. Multiple divisions are available for any standard.
BVC tournaments take place over an entire weekend and follow a round-robin structure with finals.Our current Tournaments are:
- Summer Cup @ Clayfield in February
- Autumn Cup @ Clayfield in April
- Winter Cup @ Clayfield in August
- Spring Cup @ Clayfield in November - Nominations Open Now!
Matches will be played over 3 sets, first to 25 points, or to the 50minute time-limit, whichever comes first, and warmups will be provided for all matches.
Qualified Referees are provided, but teams may elect to duty their own games for a reduced registration fee.
Teams have two registration options;
We encourage all teams to wear matching uniforms, but they are not required to participate in tournaments.
Teams should check out our partner Game Clothing if they are looking uniforms and ask for offers for BVC Social League Teams!
Please don't hesitate to contact the tournament manager for all enquiries relating to tournaments:
How to Join
You can either nominate a team or register as an individual prior to each season.
Getting started straight away?
Are you keen to get playing straight away? We also offer Casual Training sessions for all players looking to improve, as well as for new players looking to find a team - this is often the best place to start. Go to the Casual Training page for more information.
Registering as an Individual
Our Tournament Manager will do their best to try and find a team for everyone to join, or even start new teams from interested individuals. However, please keep in mind that this is not always possible, and sometimes may take some time until a team needs new players.To Register: Send an email to the Tournament Manager.
- Tournament Manager email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Full Name
- Your Date of Birth
- Your Gender
- Your Previous Playing Experience.
Don’t be shy, we have divisions to cater for all levels! This information just helps our Manager look for the most appropriate team/division for you.
We thoroughly recommend that any new players wanting to join teams come along to a social league competition night to check it all out for themselves! Just check out the Calendar to confirm what nights games are scheduled for, and then come along and have a chat to one of our League Managers.
Nominating a Team
If you are looking to nominate a team for a tournament, please make sure you follow the steps below:
- First make sure you read all of the information on this page, including the By-Laws.
- To register, login to our BVC APP and click on the registrations tab.
- Click on the Registrations (My Portal) tab
- Located at the top left hand corner, click on the 'register' tab
- Scroll down until you find the (Autumn/Winter/Spring/Summer) Cup tournament and click on 'view and register'
- If you are still having trouble registering please send an email to our Tournament Manager